Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:41:13 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Subject: Seeking Hobbyist Equipment Opinions

 Dear Experienced Hobbyist,
    IF YOU HAD IT TO DO OVER, would you invest in wood or plastic frames? >>

If I had to do it all over I wouldn't use frames at all in the supers, maybe
not in the brood box either. I would also dispense with the extractor and all
that goes with it.  I would use top bars and concentrate on cut comb honey
which is so much more profitable than run, the small bits would go into jars
as chunk honey surrounded by the drainings and honey pressed from the
trimings.  This also sells well.  You may not get the same volume of honey
but the savings on space and equipment and the higher prices obtainable for
honey comb should compensate.

Chris