From:
Mark Burlingame <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:10:33 -0400
I believe the entire basis for the "Aluminum Scare" was a study that linked Alzheimer's Disease to aluminum found in cells.  The entire study was retracted when it was determined that all of the aluminum found was introduced during testing by the researchers unwittingly.
I would also like to add, as a chemist, that most aluminum salts are extremely insoluble and while honey may be "acidic" my guess is that it's not really significantly acidic in terms of buffer capacity, which would be required to contribute significantly to some increased corrosive effect on an aluminum surface.  And then, as Allen mentions, there's the aluminum laden antacids that are consumed by a large part of our population on a regular basis....  Mark