From:
Michael Haberl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 15:29:55 +0100
Dear BEE-Lers,

I am working on honey bee population genetics and
want to screen genetic markers for their variability
within and between bee populations. Therefore, I
would appreciate receiving honey bee samples from
all over the world. Different races of A.mellifera
as well as other Apis species are wellcome. Especially
samples from America and Australia of ancient A.m.mellifera,
ligustica, and carnica origin are invited.
A useful sample would consist of about five adult
worker bees of different colonies freshly conserved
in alcohol.
Please do not send samples right know, but contact me
first at my address below. So, I will be able to
coordinate sampling of different origins, to avoid
doubles and to give additional information.

Thank you for your consideration!
Michael

Michael Haberl                                 Tel: ++49 89 5902-444
Zoologisches Institut der Uni Muenchen         Fax: ++49 89 5902-450
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen, Germany   E-mail: [log in to unmask]