From:
Nathan Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 06:12:32 -0700
    I read Dr. Rodriguez's paper on using food grade mineral oil as a
control for mites. When he speaks of using FGMO he refers to it as
white. Can someone tell me if he is talking about the clear kind that
can be purchased at any grocery store. I had assumed this to be the
correct oil because the bottle says that it can be taken orally to
relieve constapation but, when I ran a thin bead of this oil on the top
bars the bees responded very negatively. I thought they were going to
abandon the hive!