From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 11:25:26 -0400
"Now for ten years we've been on our own -
And moss grows fat on a rollin' stone -
But that's not how it used to be..."  (American Pie, Don McLean, 1971)

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/what-is-killing-americas-bees-and-
what-does-it-mean-for-us-20150818

http://tinyurl.com/q88b27j

Rolling Stone tells the sad story of Jim Doan, who make extensive
protestations about how pesticides and GM crops killed his bees, and drove
him out of the business of beekeeping.

Sadly, the New York Times had a longer and more detailed obituary of alto
sax jazz legend Ornette Coleman than Rolling Stone.  (Ornette enjoyed
inspecting the hives I keep at Inwood, near his apartment, even though the
steps up to the roof got hard for him to climb.)   I guess they were too
busy with Mr. Doan's bee losses to pay much attention to the loss of a
superstar.