Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:48:12 GMT
From: randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

>> I can't imagine they'd be in the position to talk about anything they saw as potentially unsafe.

>That to me implies a lack of imagination : )

I have a lot of imagination in me.  I also have an understading of corporate culture, and that if the principals of a Monsanto susidiary announced that their product was potentially unsafe that it would negatively affect the stock prices of Monsanto, and it would violate their responsiblity to the shareholders.  Corporations don't talk about problems with their products unless they have to...unless it is about to come out anyways.

>I am not a Beeologics spokesperson, and it is not my job to defend the
company.

I understand this, and I did not ask you to play that role.  I asked a detailed question about non-LTR retrotranspostion assisted transgenesis...looking for someone who had better understanding than I.  Instead of responding to my questions, you took it upon yourself to play Beeologics Spokesperson...."I could have told them that the sequences used in Remebee were carefully chosen and vetted by the FDA" and "The developers of Remebee understand about retrotransposition, and aren't about to go about messing with the bee genome."...but you don't seem to have access to what was submitteed to the FDA....you are doing nothing other than parroting a corporate position with no first hand knowledge.  I'm sorry you felt put on the spot, but I didn't put you there, you put yourself there.  My question was not directed specifcially at you, it was directed at anyone that could help me understand some of the issues...."nothing to see here, all is well" does not advance understanding of any issue.

>I have personally spoken with the appropriate personnel and
answered the questions to my own satisfaction,

I don't doubt that.  I do doubt that your "satisfaction" is the same as mine. I don't take it on faith that because a principle of a corporation says everything is safe that it is safe.  I don't take it on faith that because something was submitted to (and vetted by) the FDA that it must be safe.

>... since I have found the company employees to be helpful, forthcoming, and transparent.

They may appear transparent to you (that is their job...to make you trust them), but I'd be willing to place any reasonable bet that the people you are talking to are responsible to Monsanto and the shareholders.  Do you really believe that the principals and employees are not bound by confidentiality agreements?  ...that they are free to say things that could negatively affect stock prices (even if they are true)?

Speaking of transparancy, did you pay your own way to Israel?

deknow