From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:44:48 -0600
Hello All,

Has the list experience in wrapping hives as shown on page 839 of the new
edition of the ABC XYZ (2007) of beekeeping. Pallets are side by side in a
long row and the tops are covered with tar paper ( not saying what is under
the tar paper. straw?) and the bottom entrance is used.(with not talk of a
top entrance)

 I looked through a few prior ABC XYX editions and have not seen the gang
wrap
method talked about. The picture is obviously a picture of a large
commercial operation as many rows of perhaps 10 pallets ganged are shown.

All the caption says is:
"pallets or ganged together and colonies are wrapped in bulk. bottom
entrances are provided for these colonies"

I am doing some winter wrapping experiments and wonder is members of the
list
are familiar with the method and the method details?

The method has  advantages such as quick wrapping at minimal cost and fast
unwrapping if those hives are needed.

Allen?

bob