From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 01:39:03 -1000
Dear Bee -L readers . From the sounds of things a few of you sure can be set
off easily. Maybe
I did not get a complete set of rules with my Bee-l subscriptions  as I do
not recall any rules and
or regulations about what could and could not be discussed on the Bee-l. and
it sounds like
some of you feel like my freedom to ask legitimate questions should be
denied.  Many express
concern that I am teasing the KIWI'S and my questions are sincere. I just
happen to have a lot
of UN answered questions about the New Zealand ( NZ) honeybees not based on
any special
knowledge of mine but after researching many aspects of this issue and being
concerned about
RATS in the wood pile. What kind of information highway if one has to tippy
toe around when
there are pressing issues that should be examined.  Many think I am trying
to win some bragging
rights about whos best and I have no intentions of trying for that as I am
and the Hawaii
beekeeping is to small to try and compete. I just refuse to accept smoke and
mirrors and I have
been exposed to lots of slick and smooth sounding answers and I want to get
real answers. I
also see the possibility that the opinions vary widely between the
"RESEARCHERS" from
country to country. Maybe Hawaii honeybees are of no importance to the U S
beekeepers and
if Hawaii can stay mite free and if testing reveals that Hawaii honeybees
are not infested with the
same viruses that NZ bees have , then Hawaii honeybees could play a role in
supplying U S
origin mite and viruses free honeybee stocks for the U S beekeepers.
         It seems a shame that some are even resorting to name calling (
trolls it 's no biggie as I
have been called worst)  and making references to KILLING mailers  with
messages that
express different ideas or ask questions that some would rather not hear
asked. I say to you come
up with something more creative then name calling and remember that it takes
one to know one
and that your post are also on record. I have had some encouraging words and
as usual they
come directly to me with request to keep on asking my questions and to not
use their names. To
those responders thank you as it does get troubling with all the aggressive
assaults that I get from
some. Much more is to be said and not in this posting. A wise man told me
one time that
"Behind all anger is guilt" it may not be true and it has passed the test
several times since I first
heard the saying and wonder what all the anger is about. All  I care about
is the future of the
honeybee in the United States of America . I am too small in the big picture
to be affected by
this issue one way or the other and I refuse to sit back and not seek
information.
     I hope none of you really Kill (filter ) me out and I don't think any
of you would really be so
closed minded.
         A fellow beekeeper.  Walter

Walter & Elisabeth Patton,  27-703 A Ka' ie'ie Rd., Papaikou HI.,96781
    Ph./Fax. 808-964-5401       E-Mail  hihoney@ilhawaii

Beekeeper and Bed  & Breakfast Owner in Hawaii

  http://www.alohamall.com/hamakua/hihoney.htm
http://www.alohamall.com/hamakua/beeware.htm
   http://www.alohamall.com/hamakua/lamalani.htm