From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 08:28:09 -0400
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 12:06:57 -0700 Mark Franklin Almond
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>My question is "How long are the slits that
>you cut in the top of the baggie after it is placed into fedder box.

You can cut two to four about an inch or so long-I use a razor
blade.

>Too if you cut the slits too long, wouldn't about the sugar syrup
>run out of the baggie.

Yes and too much of it would just run down over the bees.

The above is based upon my experience. I feel that they
are a great way to feed them and it is easy to do a quick
check to see if they need more & they are quite easy to
replace quickly.

I am sure that you will probably get some more responses on baggies.
Keeps the syrup nice and warm inside the hive and you don't need
a full super such as you would if you were using some sort of inverted
jar setup.

Al,
____
  [log in to unmask] - Scituate,MA,USA
Honey Bees & Beekeeping - / - Doktor Finkle
              Play " Interlotto " and win at:
      http://www.xensei.com/users/alwine/