From:
Douglas Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:58:15 -0700
I have just received 6 queens here on the Oregon coast,
does the same advice about packages apply to requeening?
Since the old queen has to be removed, opening the hive
to find the old queen during a cold and wet snap would not be good.
I am planning on keeping the queens and their attendants
in the boxes and feed them 1-1 sugar water on the wire top
until the sun is shining again and it warms up over 50 degrees.

Doug Gibbs, Bandon, OR