From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 20:26:22 -0400
Best winter I've had in years. Less than 10% loss. Many hives have bees
comming out the top, bottom, and everywhere else. Actual winter loss was
about 3%, but this spring has been rough on the bees. The colonies raised
many bees last fall. Colonies heavy at the end of August, were light the
first week of October. There were whole combs of eggs and larvae in the
middle of October, when the queens should have shut down. It bothered me to
feed 35 drums of syrup last fall, but I'd do that anytime to replace honey
turned into bees.
    There's three things right around the corner now. Dandelions, Apples,
and swarm cells.