From:
Robin Dartington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 22:44:49 +0100
> On 10 Jun 2014, at 13:18, William Lord wrote:> We have talked in
> the past about a decline in bee vigor since around 2005 and I have seen
> that too.<

There has been a marked decline in vigour in UK also, but I cannot quote a particular date.

Is it correct there has been reports of lowered vitality all over where western honeybees are kept?

If so does not that suggest one major cause that has affected all areas  - increase in viruses spread by varroa mites? And mutations of  viruses under the stresses caused by miticides?  Has or has not Australia been affected, which does not have varroa? if yes, then I withdraw the hypothesis.

If varroa is the most likely culprit, should we not focus much more research and development on stricter mite control and rather than  campaigning on pesticides and reduced nutrition?

Or is that too simple?

Robin