From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:14:18 -0400
Hi Guys,

>The figures that were observed and recorded in the period around 1880
would be good bets, but even then I would not put too much on their
accuracy....

There's another factor to be considered when evaluating most historical
measurement. Most beekeepers believed the concept that bees draw out only a
single worker cell size. Just how did they find that perfect size cell? What
criteria was used to select some comb and reject others?

A specimen of fossilized honeybee comb was found in China. It would be
interesting to see if the bees built a single size worker cell or whether
the cell size tapers like all of the comb I've measured to date.

Regards
Dennis