From:
Carl Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 12:27:46 -0500
>Yesterday the local professional beekeeper told me that my two hives
>will be sacked by other bees because there are in zone (some 350 meter)
>about 80 hives (professional hives !).

:
:I think that he is trying to tell you that the two new hives may be
:weak and that his hives might rob them out.  You can avoid this by
:keeping your hives strong and by restricting the hive entrance to
:an opening small enough for only 4 or 5 bees.  The small opening will
:allow the guard bees to defend the hive with out being overwhelmed by
:the invaders.  I would not open these hives unless it is really needed
:or if there is a good nectar flow on.  The chance of robbing occurring
:is least during a nectar flow.
:
:He might be trying to keep you out of his area also.
:
:Good luck
*** I think, therefore I am politically incorrect!! ***