From:
Adam Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:41:34 -0500
I started trapping bee pollen this year, mainly at the request of a few
> customers I have. I've read about the benefits of freezing the pollen
> immediately, and keeping it frozen. Other than that, any suggestions on the
> best way to process it for human consumption? Should I dehydrate it? Best
> way to get the unwanted stuff (legs, ants, whatnot) out, other than with
> tweezers?

We trap, sell and eat pollen.  We freeze it immediately.  Fresh/frozen
pollen is much nicer to eat than dried.  It blends much nicer into yogurt,
smoothies etc.  A good quality trap like the Sundance will produce very
clean pollen.  We winnow ours in front of fan as a final cleaning.

Adam
Barrie, ON