From:
Daniel D Dempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 01:03:59 EST
On Tue, 24 Dec 1996 00:19:33 -0500 Janet Montgomery & Dan Veilleux
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I have read several plans for honey melters for 5-10 gallons of
>crystallized
>honey using an insulated box and light bulbs governed by a thermostat.
>Since
>all of my honey crystallizes I really want to build such a device..My
>problem is where does one find an inexpensive thermostat that can be
>rigged
>to a light bulb..
>I have a beer making thermostat for regulating cold refrigerators but
>that
>only goes to 80F (22C) , an old furnace thermostat than still falls
>short of
>the 130F ( 60C) needed.
>Any suggestions would be appreciated

Get a thermostat from a electric hot water heater either used or new
(there is one for each element) .  I cant remember just how to wire them
one way will control the lower temp and changing the wire will control
the upper limit.  I use one for the fan on a wood stove in the shop.
Most of then can be set from about 85 to 190 F