From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2011 11:02:45 -0600
I have been using vaporised oxalic acid for mite control for the last few years. Theoretically there should be lots of space for a half inch thick vaporiser to be put in between the frames and the bottom board, but it doesn't work that way in my hives.

This year I am trying an air injected method which does away with the problem of inserting the vaporiser between the frames and the bottom boards.

My sticky board daily mite drop averages for the year have been:

May 7         3.2
June 14       3.0
July 2         5.6
Aug 23        27.0

I vaporised 2 gm of oxalic into the hives on Sept 1 and inserted 4 sticky boards. The next day I counted an average 1 day drop of 750 mites.

Best regards

                                    Donald Aitken