Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:20:12 -0400
> Has anyone ever found glazed looking pollen frames in their hives?

I would say this is extremely common, not even notable. I always figured bees put a little layer of honey over the pollen to protect it.

> stored pollen is a preservative environment governed largely by nonmicrobial additions of nectar, honey and bee glandular secretions
> The antimicrobial properties of honey likely operate in synergy to preserve stored pollen.
> Scanning electron microscopy revealed that microbes were conspicuously absent in hive-stored pollen.

Anderson, Kirk E., et al. "Hiveā€stored pollen of honey bees: many lines of evidence are consistent with pollen preservation, not nutrient conversion." Molecular ecology 23.23 (2014): 5904-5917.