From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:54:08 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From:   Bob & Liz [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Saturday, November 24, 2001 5:37 PM
To:     'Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology'
Subject:        RE: Some anonymous remarks

-----Original Message-----
From:   Dick Allen [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Saturday, November 24, 2001 12:31 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Some anonymous remarks

Hello All,
Anonymous wrote;
 It makes no sense for a scientist to respond to such "non-proven pseudo-facts".  This is best shown by the recent discussion of overwinterung on different honey-sugar types. There are numerous scientific papers on it at least in my country; and the discussion out there is as if such information is non-existent. So the "informed discussion group" in reality is a discussion of mostly "non-informed bee keepers" and worse of those who do not know that they are "non-informed".
On the  subject  of overwintering  there has been more  written than any  beekeeping  subject  ever  written.   As  a  collector  of old beekeeping books  and mags I know  the  above is true. The truth  (from a old beekeeper) is  a  strong  hive with young bees  , young  queen and plenty  of  honey/syrup and pollen, disease  and mite free    is  going  to see  spring regardless  of  all the  things argued about in the discussion our scientist is talking about. I did not enter the discussion of over wintering  as  it was the  same old items discussed.
I consider  BEE-L to be the number one  list for beekeeping in the  world. There  certainly are  many informed beekeepers on BEE-L.  and   a few      scientists.  Because  we  are  in essence  writing a book together  many  of us  will not let what  we know as totally inaccurate information stand on Bee-L.   . I saw no information presented   in the  overwintering posts which I had not seen presented through the years.  I would invite our  anonymous  scientists  to  help out   and point  out  wrong information posted.   Even though I started keeping bees  as a teenager I still have got many things  to learn in beekeeping. We  also have got many new  beekeepers on the list   and   they  need  to learn  from us.  Regardless of what those selling beekeeping supplies will tell you beekeeping is not  an easy   craft  to learn. There are many ways to keep bees successfully and it is almost impossible to get beekeepers  to agree  on  any one  method.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri