From:
"Keeler, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:06:42 -0500
Ted Fischer (Michigan) wrote

I don't see how you can put them (honey supers) on April 15th and still
have time prior to that for Apistan placement and removal after 45 days.
 (That would be putting Apistan in on March 1!)

I think this is a matter of geography again. Here in Indiana, I can
envision putting my Apistan in on a rare warm day near the begining of
March, 2 out of 3 years.  If I was still living in Ontario this would be
unthinkable bacause the weather is still very cold until April.  Also,
I'm not sure that there is much flowering other than the maples and
maybe the apricots in mid-April.

Could George or someone else change that mid-April recommendation to a
statement of what trees or flowers might be out at the time you want to
put the supers on?

Lisa K.
2 hives - 3 years
Indiana (40deg 42min N; 86deg 60min W)

The opinions expressed here are strictly those of the writer.