From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 11:35:36 -0500
Allen

I can't prove that CCD was caused by open feeding, nor did I mean to imply
that, which I'm sure you know.

My point is,  if your bees are diseased, its a way of making sure that
they are all exposed.  I can back that up with data -  in those yards  where
bees were sick, they rapidly all moved along the same trajectory in terms  of
increasing titers and diversity of pathogens, until they hit a tipping
point,  and then as the bees disappeared, the remaining young bees and queen had
lower  levels and a couple of predictable remaining pathogens.

Jerry