From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:44:54 -0500
At 02:04 PM 2/2/2006, you wrote:
>I have recently heard that the longevity of insturmentally inseminated queens is not very long, normally being two or three months.  I would be interested in hearing from those of you who have had experience with II queens.

If II queens are done properly they should last just as long as open mated queens.  Sue cobey's work as well as several other studies show the same.  II queens got a bad rap from poor methods early on and while this hasn't been true for many years  they still can't seem to shake the stigma.  The II queens I have gotten from Sue over the past several years have all lived at least 2 seasons.    Sue will cover all this as part of the class.

-Tim