From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:02:49 -0500
I got this note from Marla Spivak on Xerces position:

HI Peter,

Xerces does not take a negative view of honey bees.  Their mission is to promote native bees, but they understand that honey bees are important pollinators.  Elaine Evans is a former student of mine, and I know she is quite fond of honey bees.

I am now on the Board of Xerces, with the specific aim of acting as liaison between beekeepers and the native bee groups, and I'm finding both work well together when communication lines are open.

Regards,
Marla