From:
Dave Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 18:00:59 -0500
Last summer I learned the hard way that Varroa infestation in this
area requires Apistan treatment twice a year.

I lost several hives, and intentionally let one go to the wax worms,
never having experienced them before.  What a mess, but I am wiser
for it now.

The supers which housed these infested hives, as well as the frames
in those colonies, were more disgusting than any pictures in the books
show.

Does that equipment require any additional treatment beyond a simple
cleaning to re-use?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Johnson
southeastern Virginia