From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:09:04 -0800
Hi Dave:
What you write here I associate with our caucasian type
honeybees. But we had to regress our sizing to put our type
bees kept on par, to be able to do so.

But I do agree with you on AMM and caucasian side by side,
as it would be crossing climatic temperature localities and
this IMPOV could indeed result in some aggressiveness
though both dark in coloration, where straight
transitioning wouldn't.

 In your area I can  see the caucasian being replaced
naturally by the AMM as longitude and naturally occurring
range would dictate. Then in our area I see caucasian type
outplacing the AMM for same reasons. But then that would be
expected with acclimitization in both places.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona