From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:32:40 -0700
Dan Grandy <[log in to unmask]> wrote: does anyone know if a Russian Queen will mate with Italian drones?

You might not like the resulting offspring.  I've had pure Russian queens that have been superseded and not had any trouble (so far), but I have heard of other who claimed their supersedure queens produced some pretty hot hives.  Charlie Harper who responded "She will."when answering the question if Italians will mate with Russians is probably one of the most authoritative persons about Russian bees and their traits.

Mike in LA