From:
JOHN IANNUZZI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:38:35 -0400
> Dear Bee People:
>
>    My wife has been looking all over for honey pots, and find they are very
> scarce, even in pottery shops, etc.
>
>    Does anyone know of a a good, preferably wholesale, supplier in the US,
> that makes, distributes, or imports honey pots?
>
>    Thanks,
>
> Dave Green                                     Dave's Pollination Service
> PO Box 1200                               Hemingway, SC  29554  USA

THIS SHUD HELP.

Contact Jim Steed/ POBox 948 Richmond KY (KY) 40475

  Mr Steed ran a seven-part article in the American Bee
  Journal, Oct 83 to Apr 84, entitled "Collecting Honey Pots
  and Other Bee Paraphernalia."  He lists sources from all
  over the US and the world, as I recall. More recently
  a woman ran the same type of article, single installment,
  in [Gleanings in ] Bee Culture (within the past two years).
  Can't give specifics because I don't subscribe to BC but
  read a friend's copy.

  BTW, when I attended Apimondia Nagoya 1987 Steed had me look
  up a Nipponese honeypot collector w/ whom he was making
  exchanges.

  Sayonara und Bonne Chance!

  Jack the B-man

  PS When a visitor stopped by from Finland two years ago
  he gifted us w/ a honeypot containing honey! (We don't
  collect HPs.)  Visitors were here yesterday from TN
  but no honeypot, just honey! All this -- the upshot
  of our journal articles over the years.  Mighty small
  world.

   John Iannuzzi PhD            * "Singing masons building roofs
   9772 Old Annapolis Rd        *  of gold."       --Shakespeare
   Ellicott City MD 21042 usa   *  20 Italian colonies
   [log in to unmask]   *  3-1/2 decades in beedom