From:
Madeleine Pym <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 07:53:04 +0100
Hi Karen,

Congratulations on installing the bees.

Without even disturbing the colony you will know if the queen is laying if
you see plenty of bees carrying pollen into the hive on their back legs. If
they don't have a laying queen this will be a minimum.

You will also be able to see brood inside the colony pretty soon, when
healthy and young they will look like pearly white
c-shaped  grub lying in the bottoms of the cells.

You would be advised to get  a good book - with pictures, and join some sort
of club. As I am in London, England, I can't advise you on that but others
will I'm sure.

All the best and welcome on board,

Madeleine Pym, London, England