From:
Conrad Sigona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 16:30:02 +0500
> AS far as worst goes.....
> Some friends of mine brought back some "Black Forest" honey from Germany
> from Black Forest pines.......blechhh! I swear it was mixed with
> turpentine. I accepted it graciously but....
> I'm glad they don't read this group.

I believe what you're speaking of is tannen honig (fir tree honey), which would explain
its turpentine taste. In Germany, its quite expensive compared to regular honey.
As I recall, it isn't a honey gathered by bees but a substance extracted by boiling.
I might be wrong about that, so perhaps some German friend of the bee list will
set me straight.