From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:54:18 -0400
Cliff,
        A rule of thumb. If it smells good, it probably is good. If it smells
bad, it probably is bad. There are exceptions, such as Aster honey,
while it is curing smells like foulbrood. After it cures however, is
fine and edible.
        Pine smell could be pine sap used for propolis, new equipment or close
proximity ti pine trees, needles.
        Anyone else know of others?
        Apistan strips need to stay on the hives 48-56 days for best effect.
You can take the strips out and immediately place supers on for honey.
(In the U.S.)

Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA

De Witt wrote:

> Is this six week waiting period just for Teramycin or for Apistan also? I
> ask because I got my hives with Apistan strips in them and no label or other
> directions.
 One of my two hives has a strong