From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:43:27 -0500
Taking the accepted formulation of 1 litre of water/1 kilo of sugar and
35 grammes of Oxalic di-hydrate to prepare a varroa controlling mixture,
I was wondering the following:

Will the quality of the water influence the ability of the acid to do
its dirty deed ?

The water from my well is loaded with dissolved mineral material -
Saline surface deposits cause problems in damp areas that dry out on the
summer months. Local farmers have had to plant alkaline resistant
grasses and other tolerant plants on many areas to ensure some
vegetative cover.
We have shale as the bed rock (and it is the aquifer) with over burden
of glacial derived till - again shale based with other material.

Peter