From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:43:53 -0300
I knew this was going to happen. Weather related for me. Drought, less
pollen and Nectar. Long autumn: more varroa less queen less reserves.
SharpWinter arrival: That's it.

Then the market will have to re arrange and pollination and honey price
should go up again.
My father told me when I was 15: mate you will have to pay taxes not live
out of them, that is what a real member of this family does and is been
doing for ages.

Even tough honey prospect are again bad this season (we've been going up
and down since 2006) we have grown from 400 hives to close to 4000 at the
moment. From 4 to 10 full time employeers. From 1 pickup to 4 trucks plus a
Hummerbee.

[image: Inline image 1]

Yes we have had big losses, but always there was a know cause. And once
again we have deal with those causes. Either improving nutrition quality
and timing or developing better methods to deal with varroa.

*Nutrition:*
formula 1:
http://apiaraucania.blogspot.cl/2009/06/panapi-suplemento-nutricional-para.html
formula 2: http://apiaraucania.blogspot.cl/2013/01/panapiquinoa.html
formula 3: http://apiaraucania.blogspot.cl/2015/11/panapi-gluten.html

*Varroa*
http://apiaraucania.blogspot.cl/2016/01/monoxalato-como-control-de-varroa.html

Cheers,

PD: same is happening at Spain and Argentina. Weather, weather, weather is
not Climate !