Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2018 03:45:23 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
a gm_charlie snip followed by > my comment..
As to the lie I mentioned,  it was in ference to a specific quote which I included  and had zero to do with soil health.   Read closer next time please.   The words are there.

>and now you question my reading comprehension...  hmm... all I am suggesting Charles is a bit more politeness in the rhetoric you use.  I spent time in the US Navy and before that working with lots of construction workers and real cowboys, so harsh language is not something that ruffles my feather.  However you are diminishing someone's intent when you use words like lie. Their facts may be wrong or they came to the wrong conclusion (ie not the same as mine or yours) but words like lie suggest their purpose is to deceive or defraud.

>of course if you only wish to burn your bridges and convince no one just keep right on doing what you have been doing!  I do know my own 'tone' can be a bit harsh but I do not start out a conversation by presuming someone's intention is to lie, cheat or defraud.

>soil scientist at least for the past 50 years have known full well that to some extent (large or small) commercial agriculture has been 'mining' the soil for a long long time.  There is some extensive history to this here in the south and as in many problems (seen or unseen) these can and do create other social problems.. No one can grow up being a 'farm boy' in the south and not have witness some of consequence of this sort of behavior first hand.  We were well enough aware of this problem 50 years ago in Florida in that we knew (via soil testing) exactly which micro nutrients any field was deficient in and we added these depending on the crop grown.  The connection between soil organic matter and water retention has been well known (not that we worried about in Florida where the sand was deep and contain almost 0 organic matter) at least since the time I took a soil science class <which is imho one of the more basic and essential components of any ag education no matter where you go to school).  Besides as any soil scientist will tell you... soil is cool and it ain't dirt!

Gene in central Texas....

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2