From:
Vanessa de Behr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 11:25:30 +0200
   Curtis asked some back-up for the assertion that in their lifetime a
worker will produce about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey, got some piece of an
answer from Jerry, and both got coldly drenched by George and Allen.
   While I totally agree with George and Allen's concepts about the
impossibility to answer such question, I think that a more or less relevant
estimate is possible, and the back up of such an estimate interests me.
   Sure, we know that all men do not weight the same, but saying that all
men weight about 80 pounds (40 kg) is a definitively better assertion than
saying that all men weight 800 pounds, or 8000 pounds. No need for accuracy
and dead-straight statistics here :-). So, let's turn the question in this
way:
How much honey could a worker possibly haul in its lifetime? A) 1 kg? B) 1
pound? C) 1/12 teasponn? D) 1 g? E) other:... Check the most relevant
answer and please give some back up for your assertion.
Vanessa
Stat' are part of my job. Abuse of numbers is my sport and I am paid for that!