Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:25:34 -0400
>   I suggested that we use spiked
> patties, fed continuously from late summer through winter to ensure that
> they were continually dosed, as I have data that indicates that the spiked
> patties make it into a large proportion of the bees' bellies.
>
> I was surprised that some beekeepers did not wish to go to the trouble of
> actually finding out which pesticides were responsible for wintering
> problems!
>
> Randy,

If you did it, what were your results?

Also, how do we determine what the pesticide level is in the field, so the
test can accurately show what is happening? Certainly would bias the
results since you could make the trial fit your prejudices.

This whole issue is complex, and the hyperventilation that comes from the
opponents of the nics does little to make it less so. Rational thought went
out the window long ago.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine