Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:33:19 -0500
Hello All,

    I'm often a 'lurker' on these lists, so I thought I would venture out of the shadows to try and start a little something...

    Last night I was doing some 'cooking' in my kitchen, and had a thought, along with a mess.  I was trying to make up a batch of sugar-water for my hives, using the 1 gallon pails that I acquired this year, and trying to figure out my volumes, and pints, and pecks, and gallons, and teaspoons.... and blah.

    Anyway... has anyone ever seen a "Beekeepers Cookbook"?  Not 101 uses for honey in place of sugar, but a cookbook that lists recipes for grease patties, of pollen patties, or FGMO strings, or the likes...  I'm interested in that... very much so.

    So here is my thought... if anyone has a book like this, please let me know how to get it... If not, then I'll make one myself.  I'll just post a note to the different Lists that I read... Collect them and sort through them... and put them in some kind of order.  And mail them to people, or ask someone to post it on their website...

    So what say the list?  Got some secret beekeeping recipes to share?  Thinking that you can either reply on the list, or to me directly using the same 'subject'... and I'll try and put them all together...  As the saying goes... ask 10 beekeepers a question, get 11 answers...  I'll see what happens if I as a few hundred.

Kevin M. Keyfauver
McHenry, IL  USA