From:
Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 11:05:42 -0600
We hope everyone knows how to deal with a broken URL?

Broken URLs keep showing up when people post messages a with long URLs
and their mailer breaks them when introducing line-wrap after hitting
:"Send".

Broken URLs are invisible to the sender and the moderators cannot fix
them.  Moderators cannot edit or "fix" any submissions, nor do we wish
to do so.  We tire of rejecting posts with broken URLs and asking for
resubmission, so you will see more than a few broken URLs over time.

What to do?

When sending, please know that anything over a normal line length will
not be click-able for users and either post from the web interface at
http://www.bee-l.org or shorten the URL using www.tinyurl.com or some
such method.

When you see such a broken URL, just select it and copy it, then paste
it into notepad and fix it before cutting an pasting into your browser.