Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:30:33 GMT
>>Contrary to what someone on this list said recently about bees
"growing" after emerging from the cell, unlike vertebrates, insects don't "grow" once they are adults.

I read about this in Winston or Seeley - I was only talking about newly emerged bees.  I often look at 'wet' newly emerged bees next to adults on the same frames.  They are smaller.  Sure the hair will stand up and make the insect look larger but it also seems that the exoskeleton expands as they put on additional weight.

They same goes for newly emerged butterflies etc.

Waldemar