From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 21:02:48 -0600
Hello All,
Awhile back I received an email from a commercial beek about doing a
container full of brood comb in a sea container using acetic acid. The beek
said he had thought I had spoke of doing so.

I post because I have looked through my email for about an hour and can not
find his post.

I do not remember ever seeing such a post on BEE-L.

The only method I know is to stack the hives outside in a stack . Some say
single but most go 7 high. Add the acetic acid and forget. When the acid is
gone the operation is done.

Peter Edwards has posted on methods used in England. Maybe he will comment
again but an archive search with his name and acetic acid should bring up
his method.

*If* I was to need to do a 40 foot container the first load would be mostly
an experiment but sure it could be done. You would need to do the math.

I wonder if phosdin gas would not kill the nosema ceranae spores? If so I
could give directions for a container. Phosdin gas although very nasty is
food approved. Kills everything in the container but not sure about nosema
spores. Anyone know?

Sorry I did not reply to your post when received but wanted to ask around
before replying. All I asked treats in stacks.

bob