From:
T'N'T Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:53:39 -0700
Chris wrote:

> Does that mean that US foundation manufacturers will have to source their
> beeswax from the poorer countries of the World where chemicals like
> coumaphos are unheard of?

Do such places really exist?  Whenever I speak at length with people who
have traveled overseas on missions, etc. one thing that inevitably comes up,
that is the free for all use of chemicals that are restricted or banned in
North
America.  DDT for example.

Contrary to popular belief not every commercial beekeeper here has used
checkmite or some home version of coumophos.  Some of us have gotten a
slight premium for our wax in the past because of it.  One buyer a couple
years ago said he had attempted to go off shore.  He had given up because
the analysis of the samples he received turned up quite a number of things
that he had no idea how they would have gotten into the wax.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB