From:
David E MacFawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:45:08 -0500
In a message dated 11/28/2014 5:05:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

What I really want is for someone to tell me what I should see  brood wise
as a result of those patties?

I have never fed patties starting in November thru the winter since I
wanted the bees to build up naturally in the Spring to minimize swarming and
also time the nectar flow starting the end of March.  Usually in SC there  is
something blooming throughout the winter with some source of pollen coming
in.  I do know that if you start feeding patties/syrup mid-January your
bees will be "bubbling over" the end of February.

Often the colonies will have some brood in them year round in SC with the
minimum amount of brood in the November/December time frame.  As usual they
start building up naturally starting in December.  You may want to contact
Eric Mills to see what he does.  He takes his bees from SC to CA for
Almonds.

Dave MacFawn
Lexington, SC