From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 00:02:36 -0400
>>>All we need to do is look at organic beekeepers who suffer CCD.

>> we have no published proof of that either - if we
>>  do please provide the link or literature reference.

Sure we do, happy to provide the citation:

"Science", May 18 2007
Vol. 316. no. 5827, pp. 970 - 972
"The Case of the Empty Hives"

Which includes the quote:

"Pesticides can't be an explanation for why
organic beekeepers are losing their colonies."
(quoting Dr. May Berenbaum)

Now I dunno about you, but when something's published
in either "Nature" or "Science", it gets read by lots
of people who are very skeptical, and well-paid to be
skeptical.  So, when speaking with "Science" and
"Nature", one picks one's words with care.

Now, it is true that you won't see a list of names.
This is because confidentiality is promised to everyone
who participates in "surveys" and "studies", and those
promises are kept.  But Jerry B. has confirmed the
accuracy of the quote I quoted several times here on
Bee-L, so there's no reason to continue to deny reality.