From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:41:37 -0400
Several years ago, Henry Barton, our provincial bee inspector, was
inspecting an especially mean hive when a sting on the back of the hand
made him pass out. He figured the stinger must have hit a nerve and caused
an anaphylactic shock. He has never had such a reaction before, or since.
The beekeeper who was helping Henry, dragged him into the truck and got
down the road underneath a shady tree where Henry eventully revived. In
telling about this incident at the next bee convention, the beekeeper said
he noticed that when Henry collapsed he passed a lot of wind. He
concluded "I thought Barton was partin' but he was only fartin'."
Henry is no longer with us but he always had a great sense of humour, and I
don't think he would mind me telling this story.

Ted Hancock