From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:06:21 -0500
PESTICIDES AND FOOD SAFETY
Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service

 > This issue is very complicated and subject to different
interpretations due to trust, credibility, values, and familiarity
with the scientific process. Thus, we will read and hear various
accounts of the supposed contamination of our food supply by pesticide
residues. It is important to realize that we must be informed
consumers, basing related decisions on information from several
sources such as universities, industry, the media, and public and
private organizations. Reviewing information from a wide array of
origins will allow better understanding of how each group interprets,
presents, and answers important questions relative to pesticide
residues and food safety.