From:
"Bob St. John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:05:06 -1000
On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Bonnie Pierson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Robert,
>
>I purchased a 12 oz. bear from:
>
>                   Hawaiian Gold Honey,  "Natural Mountain Blossom"
>
>that tasted like molasses, also.  I think that they must feed the bees the
>leftovers from the sugarcane processing !!!  Not too nice .
>
>Bonnie Pierson

Aloha;
        I feel confident that the principal floral source of the honey you
bought is macadamia trees.If you had purchased Puna Bees Lehua you would have
acquired a distinctive and fine flavored white honey. The sugarcane is about
gone here so the workers are going to keep bees acccording to Walter Patton.
        The Christmas berry honey is also very good. It does not crystalize as
soon as the Lehua which is from the Ohia tree and is usually solid in a week or
two.
        The bees will completely ignore the nectar from the macadamia if there
is any Lehua available and they really know honey.