From:
"Jeffrey R. Hills" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:30:32 -0500
Looking for advice -

Location: Southern Vermont
Date: March 14, 1996

Would like to start feeding my four hives, all of which have made it
through the winter so far.  A "lift test" shows two feeling somewhat
light.  I propose to feed using those black plastic in-the-hive
feeders.  Do I position them ABOVE the top board so the bees commute up
through the hole in the board to an otherwise empty deep super?  Or do I
put the new deep super with just the feeder in it UNDER the top board,
opening up a whole new cold place above the frames where the bees have
made it through the winter so far?

I want to feed them but I don't want them to be cold!  Incidentally,
they were fairly active in today's mid-day sun and 40+ temperature.

Has anybody tried feeding Bee-Pro powder mixed with sugar water to form
a patty at this time of year as suggested in the directions?  Where do
you put the patties?

Thanks for any advice.
Jeff Hills