From:
David MacFawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:14:05 -0500
> I would also be curious how "hard" drawing comb is on  bees.  Does it
shorten their lifespan like
> foraging does?

I suspect it  depends on how strong your flow and how strong your  colony
is. Richard Taylor had some thoughts on this in one of his books or  his ABJ
articles years ago.  If I remember correct, and he was speaking of  comb
honey,  with a strong flow and plenty of bees, the bees will  have ample nectar
to draw the comb and still store plenty of  honey.

Dave M