From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 20:27:18 -0700
 > If I misquoted my long time friend Dr. Ellis I apologize. Why don't you
post
> the email you sent to Dr. Ellis saying your version of what I said on
BEE-L?

Bob, I consider you a friend, and respect your bee knowledge greatly.  I
mean no offense, I just want to keep Bee-L posts up to a high standard of
accuracy.  Opinion and speculation need to be clearly separated from factual
research results.

At times like these, with colonies collapsing, and livelihoods at stake,
people latch on to any explanation, especially from a well-respected
authority such as yourself.  Just look at the press reports about that silly
cell phone study.  Loose words can get rumors raging.

I think that any reader of the list read your inclusion of Dr. Ellis' name
as support for your hypothesis that oxalic acid damaged malpighian tubules.
Frankly, sometimes I feel that your enthusiasm to do good things for the
industry leads you into indiscretions.  You may note that in my posts, and
in my articles, I personally quote what authorities "said" only with their
permission.  I suggest that you do the same.

Since you asked, I will post in full the email that I sent to Dr. Ellis.  I
attached your Bee-L post unedited.

"Hi Marion,
Bob has a habit of misquoting people.  Do you have a concern about m.
tubules, or were you just suggesting lack of efficacy?
Randy"