From:
Jan Tempelman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 00:23:06 +0200
d.murrell wrote:

> In my country almost everything is made of styrofoam except bee equipment.
> I would be interested in sources and experience with this type of
> equipment.  Thank you.

look at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jtemp/specht.html

I use also the German "SEGENBERGERHIVE", it is a different type of foam.
On the Dow "roofmate" the bees can (they do) gnaw it on the insite, so
you have to
protect it with paint.
And the other problem is condensation of water, I maked the TOTAL bottom
from inox wire netting.
Big advantage is the weight, one total hive is two kg
and the cost.
--
Jan Tempelman / Ineke Drabbe     |     EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
Sterremos 16               3069 AS Rotterdam, The Netherlands