From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:19:41 -0600
Robert said:
.  Br Adam had introduced some African bees into his mix.  Supposedly
> under the reasoning that they were gentle bees. I think he made a grave
> error.

I don't think we have discussed on the list the point Robert makes. Brother
Adam (BR) has made very plain what races he has used or not used and kept
detailed records.

BR brought back scutellata queens (as seen in the video) but did not use in
his breeding program. However he brought back the dark monticolo mountain
queens and did use.

There was a point when those using Buckfast (myself) saw a aggressive bee
when outcrossed.
Many beekeepers believed (as Robert ) that the monticolo bee had some
scutellata genetics.

I bought my Buckfast from Roy Weaver and was happy for many years then went
mostly to Italians.
Jan Amos still uses the Buckfast bee he gets from Richard Weaver in
navasota, Texas and he told me at the Missouri State beekeepers meeting
those Buckfast are like the Buckfast we used years ago.

In fact Jann drives to Richards and helps cage his queens ( a couple hundred
I think) and asked if I wanted to go with Jann to meet Richard and if I
liked his queens buy Buckfast queens myself.

I might.

bob